The Museum is open mid March through December : Wednesday – Sunday, 12:00 to 4:00 with tours at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00. In addition, the Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday 10:00 to 4:00 and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 4.
About Volunteer Participation
The continuing growth of the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum depends upon the strength of its volunteer support. Volunteers provide valuable know-how as well as general staffing power during the Museum’s regular hours. Volunteering at the museum is a fun and enriching experience.
The Lockwood-Mathews Museum provides an ideal opportunity for anyone interested in historic preservation, 19th-century history and decorative arts. Volunteering allows people to expand their knowledge by helping with research, children’s programs, guided tours, the gift shop and many more fun and rewarding jobs. Numerous lectures, special events and social gatherings are presented at the Museum and our volunteers are invited to participate in all of the Museum’s exciting programs, free of charge.
How do I volunteer?
If you would like to join our team of volunteer supporters, have a look at the list of the areas where you may donate your time (below). Training is available in many areas.
• Receptionist: greet visitors and provide general information.
• Tour Guides: Needed hourly, 12:00 to 3:00 pm. Thorough training and mentoring is available.
• Gift Shop: sales, inventory
• School Services: (spring & fall) Guiding third & fifth graders – a very fun and satisfying position!
• Collections & Archives: working with our curator on researching, cataloguing and caring for the collection. A great learning experience.
• Exhibits: research, installation & maintaining the exhibits.
• Newsletter: submit articles.
• Annual Antiques Show: numerous positions include program advertising, luncheon cafe, decorations committee and hostesses. about antiques show.
• Victorian Ice Cream Social: numerous positions on the planning committee, entertainment, refreshments booth and supervising children’s games.
• Holiday Celebration: party planning, refreshments, decorating.
• General Office: answer phones, typing, mailings, clerical work.
• Lectures and Trips: planning and organization.
• Monitoring: needed while open and for all events.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.